Health & Human Services

  • Eden Information & Referral, Inc. Resource Finder
  • Call 211 - a free, non-emergency, confidential 3-digit phone number and service that provides easy access to housing information and critical health and human services.  2-1-1 operates 24hours a day, 7 days a week with multi-lingual capabilities

Domestic Violence

A federal law that went into effect in 2006 protects individuals who are victims of domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. The name of the law is the Violence against Women Act, or “VAWA.”  This notice explains your rights under VAWA.  This manual, developed by the National Housing Law Project, is a domestic violence resource for California advocates.

If you need to file a Certification of Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, Sexual Assault, or Stalking with HACA, please complete this form:

  • In an emergency, call 911
  • Alameda County Family Justice Center
    470 27th St., Oakland, CA 94612
    (510) 267-8800
  • National Domestic Violence Hotline
    1-800-799-SAFE (7233)
    1-800-799-3224 (TTY)

Landlord/Tenant Mediation Services

Eden Council for Hope & Opportunity (ECHO Housing) offers free counseling and mediation services for landlords and tenants.  Click below for more information in English or Spanish.

Housing Discrimination

Housing discrimination based on your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, family status, source of income or disability is illegal by federal law. Click here for more information regarding what constitues sex discrimination under the Fair Housing Act.  Click here for more information rearding source of income discrimination.

If you have been trying to buy or rent a home or apartment and you believe your rights have been violated, you can file a fair housing complaint.  For more information on your rights select your language - English, Spanish, Vietnamese, Chinese.

To view Fair Housing videos for the deaf and hard of hearing, including Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity for All, How to Complain about Housing Discrimination, Your right to effective communication in buying or renting a home, The Federal Fair Housing Act and Reasonable Accommodations, and more visit

To file a discrimination complaint select your language - English, Spanish, Vietnamese, Chinese.

Information for Persons with Disabilities

PG&E's CARE, REACH and Energy Savings Assistance Programs

Tax Help